It’s Thanksgiving weekend in the USA and time for the annual Thanksgiving Weekend Sale from DriveThruRPG. You can get all of the Icons Superpowered Roleplaying products at a great discount for the next four days while the sale lasts. Round out your collection, pick up the latest adventures and sourcebooks, or buy holiday gifts for that superhero gamer in your life!
Icons Presents is a supplement for the fun and fast-playing Icons Superpowered Roleplaying, offering new options, essays, and resources for playing and modifying the game. It includes:
- Options! Ways to modify the game to suit your style and preferences, including different classes of villains, situational qualities, dice-rolling, and initiative variants.
- Resources! Time-saving resources for the Game Master, like information on military forces, how to create and run better villains, rare and unusual materials, and more.
- Genres! Looks at how to customize games from martial arts mayhem to swords and sorcery, from playing vigilantes to portraying villains, from mythic deities to the cosmic space patrol.
- Scenarios! Comic book storytelling techniques and looks at classic scenarios like world conquest and destruction and how to run them.
Icons Presents offers a wealth of useful resources and ideas for your Icons game, giving you a range of tools to help make the game your own and create the kind of series you want to run or play in. Use some of them or all of them however you wish.
The folks over at Babies With Knives have produced one of their “Crash Course” videos for Icons Superpowered Roleplaying! So, if you’ve always wanted a quick summary of what Icons is like and how it plays, or if you’re a long-time player looking for a summary to share with new players, check it out, and be sure to give the video a “like” and subscribe to the channel for more “Crash Course” videos and all of the group’s streams!
Back for the Fall season…
Nine spine-chilling products to inspire your heroic Halloween adventures, from aliens, demons, and zombies to devilish deeds, menacing monsters, and eldritch horrors, all for the terrifyingly low price of just $6.66!
- Icons A to Z: “A” is for “Aliens,” “D” is for “Demons,” “F” is for “Fear,” and “Z” is for “Zombies”
- Casino of Corruption
- Danger in Dunsmouth
- Devil’s Night
- Murder of Crowes
- Menace of the Man-O’-Lantern!
Even if you already have some of these ghoulishly good game products, take advantage of this sale to round out your collection, and give your game group some harrowing heroism this Halloween!
Hey, the header is has a double-meaning, since this post is both insights into where to find and interact with me at Gen Con this weekend, and also part of what I’m doing there!
I’m honored to be speaking at the Gen Con Insights program this year, alongside Tanya DePasse. This year’s theme is “Diversity by Design” and you can either come and see me in person, if you’re at the convention, or watch the video online when Gen Con makes it available.
In addition, you can find me most mornings at the Green Ronin Publishing booth (929) where you can get brand new copies of the Mutants & Masterminds Deluxe Gamemaster’s Guide, Mutants & Masterminds Superteam Handbook, Fantasy AGE Campaign Builder’s Guide, and the all-new Threefold setting for Modern AGE. I wrote material in each of them and I’m excited for folks to see them! You can also get Aaron Rosenberg’s new M&M novel Height of the Storm from Nisaba Press and other Green Ronin swag.
I plan on taking part in seminars like Queering Your Campaign (from Tabletop Gaymers and Qd3) and Green Ronin’s All AGEs Panel, talking about AGE System games like The Expanse! Speaking of which, if you haven’t picked up a copy of The Expanse RPG, you can check it out at the show.
In and around that, I hope to find some time to walk the show floor and check out all of the new and exciting games (I particularly want to drop by Catalyst Game Labs to see how my old friend Shadowrun is doing in its new sixth edition) and maybe pick up a thing or two for my home games. Who knows? I might even find time to play a game!
As always, folks can follow me on Twitter at @SKenson. That’s where I’m most likely to post up-to-the-minute happenings at the show. I look forward to seeing a lot of folks there!
- Minions! Different villains suited for the role of hireling, mercenary, or minion, or simply looking to commit some crimes and make a fast buck, suitable for a quick-and-easy adventure.
- Masterminds! Villains with grand ambitions and powers and resources to match, from the Shengxiao Empress to the Unseelie Court. Foes to take on an entire team.
- Menaces! Cosmic challenges from the Devouring Dark, with its hunger for entire star systems to Crotan the Conqueror and his quest for the Cosmic Crown or the wish-granting Whimsey, the world’s most dangerous imaginary friend.
- Gang Generator! A random generator lets you come up with themed criminal gangs, complete with archetypes and a half-dozen examples.
Rogues provides even more foes for heroes in your Icons game, each character a source of new adventures, ideas, and challenges. The characters in this collection are compatible with the material from Adversaries, giving you a whole range of villains to use!
The 138-page sourcebook is available in PDF and print formats (both softcover and hardcover). Buy a print copy and get the PDF for free to download right away!
Beyond Affinity, a German language publisher, is currently running a Kickstarter for a German-language edition of Icons Superpowered Roleplaying. This would be the first time Icons would be published in German (following French, Spanish, and Portuguese editions) and one of the first German-language superhero RPGs in some time, according to the publisher.
If you are a German-speaker, or know someone who is would might be interested, please spread the word about the Kickstarter or help to back it! Even if you are not a German-speaker but want to support Icons (and superhero RPGs in general) in other languages, you can still donate to the Kickstarter, if you feel so moved. Note that the higher tiers are offering original character art by various artists, including Icons line artist Dan Houser!
I recorded an episode of the BAMF! podcast recently where we talked about the German edition of Icons along with other upcoming projects. Visit their site for the show when it is available to hear all about it!