Iconic Inspiration to Up Your Game!
Icons Presents is a supplement for the fun and fast-playing Icons Superpowered Roleplaying, offering new options, essays, and resources for playing and modifying the game. It includes:
- Options! Ways to modify the game to suit your style and preferences, including different classes of villains, situational qualities, dice-rolling, and initiative variants.
- Resources! Time-saving resources for the Game Master, like information on military forces, how to create and run better villains, rare and unusual materials, and more.
- Genres! Looks at how to customize games from martial arts mayhem to swords and sorcery, from playing vigilantes to portraying villains, from mythic deities to the cosmic space patrol.
- Scenarios! Comic book storytelling techniques and looks at classic scenarios like world conquest and destruction and how to run them.
Icons Presents offers a wealth of useful resources and ideas for your Icons game, giving you a range of tools to help make the game your own and create the kind of series you want to run or play in. Use some of them or all of them however you wish.
Back for the Fall season…
…the Icons Tales of Terror bundle!
Nine spine-chilling products to inspire your heroic Halloween adventures, from aliens, demons, and zombies to devilish deeds, menacing monsters, and eldritch horrors, all for the terrifyingly low price of just $6.66!
- Icons A to Z: “A” is for “Aliens,” “D” is for “Demons,” “F” is for “Fear,” and “Z” is for “Zombies”
- Casino of Corruption
- Danger in Dunsmouth
- Devil’s Night
- Murder of Crowes
- Menace of the Man-O’-Lantern!
Even if you already have some of these ghoulishly good game products, take advantage of this sale to round out your collection, and give your game group some harrowing heroism this Halloween!
Even More Enemies!
Rogues offers a collection of criminals both conventional and cosmic for use with Icons Superpowered Roleplaying, dozens of ready-made opponents and adventures for your heroes. It includes:
- Minions! Different villains suited for the role of hireling, mercenary, or minion, or simply looking to commit some crimes and make a fast buck, suitable for a quick-and-easy adventure.
- Masterminds! Villains with grand ambitions and powers and resources to match, from the Shengxiao Empress to the Unseelie Court. Foes to take on an entire team.
- Menaces! Cosmic challenges from the Devouring Dark, with its hunger for entire star systems to Crotan the Conqueror and his quest for the Cosmic Crown or the wish-granting Whimsey, the world’s most dangerous imaginary friend.
- Gang Generator! A random generator lets you come up with themed criminal gangs, complete with archetypes and a half-dozen examples.
Rogues provides even more foes for heroes in your Icons game, each character a source of new adventures, ideas, and challenges. The characters in this collection are compatible with the material from Adversaries, giving you a whole range of villains to use!
The 138-page sourcebook is available in PDF and print formats (both softcover and hardcover). Buy a print copy and get the PDF for free to download right away!
Beyond Affinity, a German language publisher, is currently running a Kickstarter for a German-language edition of Icons Superpowered Roleplaying. This would be the first time Icons would be published in German (following French, Spanish, and Portuguese editions) and one of the first German-language superhero RPGs in some time, according to the publisher.
If you are a German-speaker, or know someone who is would might be interested, please spread the word about the Kickstarter or help to back it! Even if you are not a German-speaker but want to support Icons (and superhero RPGs in general) in other languages, you can still donate to the Kickstarter, if you feel so moved. Note that the higher tiers are offering original character art by various artists, including Icons line artist Dan Houser!
I recorded an episode of the BAMF! podcast recently where we talked about the German edition of Icons along with other upcoming projects. Visit their site for the show when it is available to hear all about it!
Here in crime for the holidays…
Sure, the holiday season is a time of giving, but what about…taking? Join the gigantic glamazon Size Queen and her criminal crew, including the thermo-couple of Fire & Ice and the goofy Gumball for a holiday heist of humongous proportions! Of course, even glitzy Las Riqueza gets an unexpected surprise when those ill-gotten golden gains turn out to be arcane forces from the ancient world!
In this fun holiday adventure for Icons Superpowered Roleplaying, your players get a chance to see how “the other half” lives, by playing the villains! (Or you can play heroes undercover to infiltrate and do good regardless, if you must.) Can our n’er-do-wells finally do some good? Find out in Size Queen’s Humongous Holiday Heist!
Available on DriveThruRPG — and don’t forget last year’s holiday folly: Santa Claus vs. the Metaskulks! Save Christmastime from alien invaders!
Battle Beneath the Earth … in the Gladiator Pits of Gorn!
A one-man earthquake threatens a local dam, but the heroes are in for a far stranger conflict than they can imagine.
Tremors lead to their abduction deep beneath the earth into the realm of the Molten Men, where they are case into the Gladiator Pits of Gorm! Can the heroes survive the challenges of Molten Men warriors, magma beasts, and more and overcome the magics of the shaman Emberglass to challenge the cruel General Gorn himself? Their freedom, and the future of the Underworld, stands in the balance.
Written and illustrated by Dan Houser, this adventure for Icons Superpowered Roleplaying is suitable for any group of heroes and a great sequel to The Terror of Tiki Pterodactyl adventure. Available now on DriveThruRPG!
As the Living Land Kickstarter for Torg: Eternity wraps up tomorrow, it seems like a good time to announce that my second short product for the Infiniverse Exchange community content program is now available!
Eternity Street was an element of my original (first edition) Torg campaign, and I’ve put together an outline of it for other Torg gamemasters to use: It’s a kind of “pocket dimension” made up for a single long street that “inserts” itself into other realities: Turn a corner in one place or another, and you might find yourself there. It also seems to draw-in storm knights and reality-rated people, and to be drawn to them in turn.
So, if you’re interested in Torg: Eternity, I recommend backing the Living Land Kickstarter while you still can (I’ll also be writing a short adventure for that product) and then visiting DriveThruRPG and RPGNow to check out Eternity Street!