It’s the annual Christmas in July sale over at DriveThruRPG where you can get Icons Superpowered Roleplaying products for 25% off, a great opportunity to pick up those books and adventures you’ve had your eye on, get the most recent releases, or fill those holes in your collection! That includes all print-on-demand and third party products as well. Your support of Icons and Ad Infinitum Adventures (and small-press gaming in general) is greatly appreciated at this time.
It’s a Cold Time in the Old Town Tonight!
The Cold War returns, with a vengeance! Why are Soviet-era supervillains Tungusk and Arsenal (one of them believed to be dead) trying to steal from the heroes’ headquarters, and why is former heroic sidekick Kassie Kelvin helping them? Who or what is the Ghost Chapter and what do they want? Can the heroes find out and put a stop to things before the city is blanketed in an eternal winter, or will they be draw into the Polar Vortex?
Available now on DriveThruRPG!
Icons Presents is a supplement for the fun and fast-playing Icons Superpowered Roleplaying, offering new options, essays, and resources for playing and modifying the game. It includes:
- Options! Ways to modify the game to suit your style and preferences, including different classes of villains, situational qualities, dice-rolling, and initiative variants.
- Resources! Time-saving resources for the Game Master, like information on military forces, how to create and run better villains, rare and unusual materials, and more.
- Genres! Looks at how to customize games from martial arts mayhem to swords and sorcery, from playing vigilantes to portraying villains, from mythic deities to the cosmic space patrol.
- Scenarios! Comic book storytelling techniques and looks at classic scenarios like world conquest and destruction and how to run them.
Icons Presents offers a wealth of useful resources and ideas for your Icons game, giving you a range of tools to help make the game your own and create the kind of series you want to run or play in. Use some of them or all of them however you wish.
Back for the Fall season…
Nine spine-chilling products to inspire your heroic Halloween adventures, from aliens, demons, and zombies to devilish deeds, menacing monsters, and eldritch horrors, all for the terrifyingly low price of just $6.66!
- Icons A to Z: “A” is for “Aliens,” “D” is for “Demons,” “F” is for “Fear,” and “Z” is for “Zombies”
- Casino of Corruption
- Danger in Dunsmouth
- Devil’s Night
- Murder of Crowes
- Menace of the Man-O’-Lantern!
Even if you already have some of these ghoulishly good game products, take advantage of this sale to round out your collection, and give your game group some harrowing heroism this Halloween!
- Minions! Different villains suited for the role of hireling, mercenary, or minion, or simply looking to commit some crimes and make a fast buck, suitable for a quick-and-easy adventure.
- Masterminds! Villains with grand ambitions and powers and resources to match, from the Shengxiao Empress to the Unseelie Court. Foes to take on an entire team.
- Menaces! Cosmic challenges from the Devouring Dark, with its hunger for entire star systems to Crotan the Conqueror and his quest for the Cosmic Crown or the wish-granting Whimsey, the world’s most dangerous imaginary friend.
- Gang Generator! A random generator lets you come up with themed criminal gangs, complete with archetypes and a half-dozen examples.
Rogues provides even more foes for heroes in your Icons game, each character a source of new adventures, ideas, and challenges. The characters in this collection are compatible with the material from Adversaries, giving you a whole range of villains to use!
The 138-page sourcebook is available in PDF and print formats (both softcover and hardcover). Buy a print copy and get the PDF for free to download right away!
Origins offers additional expanded resources, options, and tools for hero creation for Icons Superpowered Roleplaying, helping you to create the hero you want to play quickly and easily. It includes:
- Archetypes! Thirteen ready-to-play hero archetypes, each with six variations, for a total of over a hundred pre-generated characters!
- Heroes by the Numbers! An expansion of the optional Creation Point system of hero creation for players who prefer a less random and more structured approach.
- Background Generation! A set of random tables for quick generation of character backgrounds, from demographics to past history, important events, and key values.
- Specialties & Knacks! A compilation of specialties from the Assembled Edition and other Icons products, along with an expanded selection of optional knacks (from Icons A to Z) to customized characters.
Origins also offers more on team building, character modeling for free-form hero creation, pre-generated supporting cast characters, and all that you need to create the heroic icon of your dreams! The 92-page sourcebook is available in PDF and print formats (both softcover and hardcover). Buy a print copy and get the PDF for free to download right away!
Can the Golden Age Tarnish…?
The city is honoring the legendary Golden Agents of the Second World War with a new museum, but tragedy casts a shadow over the celebration, and raises disturbing questions about America’s beloved heroes. Have “the sins of the past” come back to haunt them? Your heroes have a chance to find out, and to do something about it!
Sins of the Past is an updated new edition of a much-loved Icons adventure, written by Theron Bretz and illustrated by Dan House, including all-new art, maps, more details about the Golden Agents, plus playtest and design notes from the author, all updated for the Assembled Edition of the game, and now available on DriveThruRPG and RPGNow from Ad Infinitum Adventures!
Ad Infinitum is pleased to announce that the new Adversaries sourcebook for Icons Superpowered Roleplaying is now available as a downloadable PDF ($10) and as a print-on-demand book. The print edition is available in both softcover (standard color for $20 and premium color for $30) and hardcover (premium color only for $35) and print purchase includes the PDF at no additional cost.
The sourcebook presents over 80 fiends, foes, and foils for Icons heroes, ranging in power from deities and would-be world-conquerors to petty crooks and criminals, and each character comes with adventure ideas, making the book a collection of hundreds of possible adventures! Some villains are updated from the original edition of Icons and the Villainomicon sourcebook, or expanded from the Assembled Edition rulebook, others are all new. You can see some previews from the book online:
- Adversaries Table of Contents
- Adversaries Preview: Amphora
- Adversaries Preview: Enemy Mime
- Adversaries Preview: Rumor
- Adversaries Preview: Size Queen
Soon, Ad Infinitum will bring on the bad guys with the release of the new Adversaries sourcebook for Icons. Today we wrap up our sneak previews of the various villains you’ll find in its pages for your own superhero series with the fabulous fierceness of…Size Queen!
It’s a toss up whether or not the radioactive isotopes were the world’s down-payment on a debt owed or not, but they certainly changed Lolita’s life forever. When a fight between the criminal syndicate that stole them and the authorities trying to recover them fractured the containment unit, Lito “Lolita” Hernandez got a good dose of the glowing dust, and quite the change in perspective. She became big, all right: so big that she busted through the roof of the building and kept on growing!
That first time, nobody knew what was happening. The “50-foot Queen of the Strip” did a lot of damage without really knowing what was happening. It was like a dream—or a nightmare—until the authorities and local heroes knocked her off her stiletto heels and literally took her down several dozen pegs. The size change didn’t last, but Lolita was able to do it again whenever she wanted. Interestingly, Lito Hernandez couldn’t—only as his drag alter-ego, which became increasingly, incessantly, demanding and independent in Lito’s mind…
With the forthcoming release of the new Adversaries sourcebook for Icons, I’m taking the opportunity to provide a sneak preview of some of the various villains you’ll find within its 176 pages. Today’s preview is the mysterious information and power-broker known as — Rumor:
Rosa Lopez learned at an early age you either took power and used it, or got used by those who had it. Fortunately, Rosa did have power, a birthright passed down to her by her grandmother, who told Rosa how the women of their family possessed certain gifts—which sometimes skipped generations. Rumors spread throughout the neighborhood, and then the city. In fact, the mysterious figure willing to provide information and assistance at a price become known as “Rumor” herself and Rosa embraced both the name and the reputation. She initially needed to teach some object lessons to those who thought they could force her to take sides in their conflicts. The fates of those who tried showed others the error of that sort of thinking.